Aston Martin one-77

Aston Martin one-77

Saturday, February 6, 2010

News: Problems in Toyota of the brake acceleration.

Toyota denied on Friday it had covered up safety problems with its cars and said they were safe to drive, as it began to repair some of the millions of vehicles recalled due to faulty accelerators.



Company president Akio Toyoda, in his first press conference on the crisis, said he was "deeply sorry" for the string of quality issues that has tarnished the group's reputation and triggered a class action lawsuit in the United States.

The Japanese automaker, staring at a two-billion-dollar bill from the recall of more than eight million vehicles around the world, was facing "a moment of crisis", admitted Toyoda, scion of the car-producing family.

Hours earlier, Toyota said it had begun repairing gas pedals in the United States, where it faces a lawsuit alleging it knew about the unexpected acceleration issue "for several years" -- a suggestion the company strongly denies.

Toyota cars are not that reliable because problems of part of the car will come at any time, even though as I said earlier that Japanese cars are more reliable than other cars made from other countries. Here my story of my father, which happened when I was quite young :

My father was a previously driving a Toyota Corrolla (the old one). but one day, I think there is a problem in the engine, so he went for repairing. The car which have been given "on loan" was not comfprtable at all, and I feel like vomiting when I sit on that car, which is also a Toyota. So after he changed his car to a Mazda 3 (old one also, but newer than the Toyota), our family thinks that Toyota is not reliable.

Truly, Mazda cars are absolutely much more reliable than Toyota cars. My dad drove that Mazda 3 for about 5 years, and did not have any problems, but just that me as a child that time kept on complaining that the car is not spacious enough, so the year end of 2009, my dad replaced his car by the new Nissan Latio (premium).



I stopped complaining because the interior was spacious, even though it is small, and has only a 1.5-litre engine. I encourage people to buy more reliable brands such as Mazda (although fuel comsumption is high) and Nissan because it is safer and the pricing is quite reasonable.

No comments: