Aston Martin one-77

Aston Martin one-77

Saturday, February 6, 2010

My top picks of this season of cars - 2010

For this season of cars 2010 January, I already had my top picks. Not all of them are sport cars, some of them you will think that they are unbelievable.

For the first pick, I will choose the 2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI, because the new GTI is quiet, practical and refined, yet full of spunk, poise and spirit when a good road beckons. It's superb whether you pick a 3-door with the manual gearbox or spring for the 5-door with the DSG dual-automated-clutch transmission, and I think that the 2.0-liter TFSI engine is one of the best engines on the road today. Besides I also think that the price is quite reasonable, so it is quite worth it to have such a car.



For my second pick, I will choose the 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI. It has a 5.2 litre V10 engine. I take this car as a second choice because unlike most high-performance machines, it's easy to drive at absurd speeds. Besides, purebred exotics are too big, overstyled and too high-strung. But the Audi R8 is just right. Handsomely refined with middleweight poise, I think that the R8 floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee. I also like the design of the R8. However the price may be a bit expensive.



For my third pick, it will be the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. When Chevy introduced the Camaro Concept at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show, it immediately set the automotive world abuzz. Hailed as the return of the muscle car, the Camaro was considered a success by many even before a single car had rolled off the assembly line. Cutting-edge styling, nostalgic appeal and a starring role in the Hollywood blockbuster "Transformers" made the Chevrolet Camaro one of the most eagerly awaited cars of 2009. For the design, I like the lights of the car because they are quite special, and I think that it is undiluted awesomeness.



My fourth pick will be a Japenese sedan or a hatchback car, which is the 2010 Mazda 3. The base version comes with a powerful engine and sport-tuned suspension, even though it has only a 1.6-litre engine, while the hatchback has a 2-litre engine. The price is quite reasonable, at around $69,000 in Singapore. Besides this car is quite reliable to drive. For the design I really like it, especially the headlights and the tail lights. They really impressed me.



My last pick will be the new Ferrari 458 Italia. The design seemed strange and does not look nice, but it is simply a spectacular supercar. This high-performance sports car comes with a new engine, improved aerodynamics, upgraded handling and improved instrumentation and ergonomics inside the cabin. The 458 Italia has a V8 engine, like the California, but ups the power from 460 horses to an impressive 562.

No comments: