Aston Martin one-77

Aston Martin one-77

Saturday, March 13, 2010

CAMP!!

At the St John's Island.

I felt very excited when I woke on that miserable morning. Carrying my heavy camping bag, with lots and lots of stuff. It was so unlucky that it rained in the early morning.

I was supposed to take a ferry to St John's from Singapore. Afraid - quite afraid because I got seasick after going to Taiwan 2 years ago. I did not bring my pills at all. But luckily it is low-tide, so never mind.

The activities there is quite boring on the 1st day, because there are not much pretty fun games at that island. I miss the game called 'Flying Fox'! That game was really fun. I thought there will be such thrilling games, but there isn't any. The games are all prepared by the instructors.

The scariest part is the night trail, because at night, the whole place was very dark, even though there were lights around. We are supposed to do some activities at night and get a key to find a person - a secret person in our class. That is quite fun, the best activity on the 1st day.

Comes to tents. We pitched the tents in the morning, and we are going to sleep in the tents. Guess what I felt.

Bad...

It was extremely uncomfortable, with all the sharp roots sticking out, which made us unable to sleep well. I only slept at around 2.30am, till 6am, which is only three and a half hours. My classmates also could not sleep, and one of them actually played with his handphone in the tent! Everyone - almost everyone complained.

2nd day refreshed us. The activities was much better than on the first day. The most horrible game is the "Caterpillar". I have no stamina, so I had a hard time to push myself forward. But finally, we could overcome the obstacle and met the expectation.

Then it was the Captain's Ball. My favourite game, though. I got injured, sadly, but just a few scratches on my leg, by the rough floor. 2 teams? No. 6 teams in total. Different balls are given and thrown and points will be given. I remembered - "The smaller the ball, the more the points!"

At night, it was the campfire! Class by class went up to do skids, performances, and cheers. It was very fun. The fire was burning fiercely, and our class won the Merit Award for our cheers. I felt very happy to hear that. the present was food - biscuits. We had our supper after the campfire.

Anyway, the meal was extremely delicous. I broke my record of finishing my meal in just 10 minutes!

Finally, we did a swop with other classes to sleep in a house (or something). It was much better than the tents. We slept very fast, and it was very quiet.

On the third day, it was the time for us to bade goodbye to St John's Island and we left towards Singapore by boarding the ferry. Quite a high tide, so the ferry is quite wobbly.

I was extremely tired when I arrived home. I slept deeply from 3pm till dinner, which is 6.30pm, without knowing that my father actually came back from work. But i actually learnt a lot from the camp, using all the values in our daily lives.

No comments: